A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, April 17

bingo bongo

There's a video that a good friend has sent me a few times, that I think of often.


This is the one. (It's called Loner Motivational Video, haha) It is a really powerful sentiment, and the video is made in such a way that's really electrifying. When I first watched it, I flinched against the title of the video. Flinching usually means I need to dive deeper. Loneliness and being a "loner" are still ideas that I'm wrestling with. I connect with a different part of the video with every additional viewing. Recently it's been "invent yourself and re-invent yourself." I'm constantly searching to define myself.

So I did this self-serving thing the other day where I asked some of my loved ones "What are 3 things that automatically remind you of me?"

Some named intangible substances; others gave straight up word associations. All were kind.

Below is a compilation of those ideas.

Things that are strongly tied to the image I have of myself:
  • Bears
  • Physical touch
  • Openness
  • Collage
  • Purple hair
  • Sugar, and all that entails
  • Exclamation points
  • Abundantly encouraging
  • Mornings are my nemesis
  • Butcher, baker, candlestick maker
  • Connection 
  • Go deep or go away
  • Do the hard thing
  • Empathy is the answer
  • Thoughtful gifts
  • Sandwiches
  • Laughter
  • Slow as molasses
  • Sometimes I’d rather sleep
  • Grocery lists
  • In love with love
  • 20 minutes late or 20 minutes early
  • Hypochondria
  • Extroverted introvert
  • Upbeat songs with dark lyrics 
  • Visual learner
  • I'll be your sidekick
  • Space cadet 
  • Paradoxical
  • Warmth

No comments:

Post a Comment