A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Sunday, February 1

Them good girls straight masterpieces

I woke up from a nap about 2 hours ago. (Current time: 1:30am) I meant to only sleep for an hour and I slept for 6 hours instead. I guess I shouldn't call that a nap when I just slept. I had planned to work on some sketches for GD3 on saturday. Didn't do that. I'm going to try and stay up the rest of the day so maybe I won't waste my sunday. After I'm done with this I'll try to do something homework related.
So on Friday, Rosh had a future doctor talent show thing that she was involved in. I drove down and met up with everybody at the auditorium. I parked in the parking deck next to the place and when I got to the lady that was taking money, I misread the sign out front and asked, "Is it 3 or 5?" and she was like "Uh... it's 8" in the same way that Sadie would have said that statement.
The show was really well put together. The MC's were lame, but all MC's are usually lame so that's not their fault.


Lovely people dancing their lovely hearts out
Their dance moves were impeccable. I wasn't surprised by any means, but I was so impressed that they memorized a whole dance routine in the midst of their ultra busy lives. 
My phone died about 3/4 of the way through the show so I got zero pictures the rest of the night. And the night just got crazier from there.
After the show, we all went to an after party. There was about a million people there and all of them were drinking. The whole night I kept thinking, these people are going to be doctors. Which really made me think about the high standards that we hold doctors to. They're just like regular people, except better. Looking back, it was really nice to be around all of those drunk people and not have to worry about some dude drunkly hassling you. Which is what happened when we went to this bar after the after party. My friends and I had danced for what seemed like forever so one friend decided she was tired of dancing and wanted to go sit and chill. Me being me, I was also ready to sit so I went with her. We were able to sit for maybe 10 minutes without somebody coming up to us. This dude came up to  my friend and wanted her to dance with him and she explained that she was tired from standing all day and needed a little break. The he started asking me to dance and maybe I misunderstood him, but I'm pretty sure he said 'come dance' like 100 times. I think because I'm always smiling, he thought I was just kidding. He wasn't too forward and gross, but it was weird. He gave up after a time and said, "Well, I tried" and then he kissed us both on the forehead. Such a drunk person thing to do. He walked away and his friend came to apologize for him, but that was just a ploy for him to ask us to dance. Then we got him to go away and my friend noticed this group of guys that looked like they were going to come up to us so we decided to just go back over to the dance floor where our other friends were. My friend was telling me that she probably gone to dance, but her feet actually did hurt. I was more on the side of, dancing with a random stranger seemed uncomfortable and I didn't want to be in that situation. I was just so happy that the first guy didn't get rude when we turned him down. So everything was fine. I had 3 rum and cokes over the course of the night and they were tasty. We started drinking at the doctor after party and I had no idea what to get. It was a situation where you needed to know what you wanted when you got up to the bar because there were about 4 rows of people surrounding and trying to get to the bar. I asked the two friends that I was with what they were having and I just picked the one I thought I'd like better. And I only bought 2 of the 3 that I drank because one of Rosh's friends is very generous and bought drinks for everyone. Which was hella nice. Like the nicest. It was a good time. 
We came home at 4 something and slept until 11:30ish. Then I drove Rosh to get her car so she could go to a friend's birthday brunch. The rest of us went to panera and it was so delicious. Then we went back to the apartment to lounge and talk about whatever came to mind. 

I had a grand old time and I don't even regret doing nothing of substance on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I also did nothing of substance yesterday. glad you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete