A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Monday, January 26

Aesthetic

Moving Images Update:
The Phantom Carriage, Sjorstrom, 1921 - Oh, silent movies. I fell asleep 2 times whilst trying to watch this one. The only thing I took away was the axe to the door scene was cool and Kubrick must've liked it, too.
Haxan, Christensen, 1922 - Another silent film that I also fell asleep in, even though this one was way more interesting. Lots of nudes.
Goke Body Snatcher From Hell, Sato, 1968 - Subtitled, which is not my favorite. The scene with the blood red sky seemed like I'd seen it before and I found out that Quentin Tarantino made a call back to it in Kill Bill. The practical effects were great. Kind of creepy, but mostly absurd.
Dark Shadows Episodes:  202-212, Hall, 1967 - I had seen a couple of episodes of this before, but I didn't know what was happening. So soapy. I liked it, but not enough to watch 1000 episodes.
Twin Peaks, Lynch, 1990-91 - I'm only on S2E6, but it's great so far. Agent Cooper is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment