A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Tuesday, September 27

I'm going to be cliche.

Rosh, I thought we were supposed to take actual pictures, huh? :P

This is my grandfather aka Papaw/Pawpaw/Papa.
Our family never spells what we call him the same way.
I never really think of people inspiring me.
I think of objects and colors and designs inspiring me for my next craft project.
I guess if I did pick somebody, it would be my grandfather.
He has been married to my lovely, yet sometimes trying grandmother for 50 years.
He lost a lot of weight after the age of 55. (Which they say is really hard to do)
This year he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and he has gone through chemo, radiation, and surgery. He's fine now.
Through all of that he has remained the same sweet man he has been my entire life.
If I was to be inspired by him, I would be inspired by his gentleness and thoughtfulness.


That episode with the freaky kid that keeps saying, "Are you my mummy?" Still freaks me out. Something about those old timey masks.

I'm not a yarn snob (yet) so I don't really look at the labels right off the bat. First, I feel the yarn & see how soft it is THEN, I look at what it's made of. So far I've really liked wool+acrylic mixes. They seem to be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment