A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Tuesday, June 5

Paciente

"If they're fast zombies, then I'm just going to kill myself  'cause that's bullshit. But if they're slow, dumb zombies then I'm good." -Unidentified source aka my little brother
He said this the other day when MS was over, in one of his saner, happier, more hilarious moments. Sometimes he gets so blood-boiling angry & I can't tell if it's because he's a fifteen year old boy or if it's because he's been dealt some fucked up genetics. Either way, he needs to get that shit locked down.

This past Saturday, I spent almost 7 full hours with J & our other friend(for the sake of this post we'll call him Ned) & it was a pretty nice time. We saw Snow White & the Huntsman (Super good) and then that night we went to the cigar box festival (Meh). I'm just super glad that Clairey D was able to go. I'm not sure what I thought a "cigar box festival" could be, but I just didn't expect it to literally be only cigar box guitars.
It was fun times until I got back to my house & realized that my license had somehow escaped the confines of my blue jeans pocket. I have the feeling that it popped out on one of the many occasions that I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket during one of the many cigar box guitar performances. My case has this rubbery feel to it so I can imagine that my license clung to it for dear life & then made a quick getaway once it was free. What sucks is that I didn't realize it was gone until I got home to my house. If I had realized sooner then J, Ned & I could have scavenged the Flying Monkey & then I wouldn't have had to lie to my grandparents about where I was today. I lie all the time & I feel like this was one of my more harmless lies. When I arrived at G&P's, I had just driven 2 hours without my license & I really didn't want to say, Oh by the way I lost my license on saturday so I'm going to skip work tomorrow & pay $18.50 to get a new one. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal AT ALL & it really isn't, but I just don't like feeling anxiety & sometimes I go to drastic measures to avoid anxiety. I was brought up on the philosophy, "ask for forgiveness not permission." Also, "not my fault" is a popular philosophy from my household. I never said it was the right philosophy.

It really was the luckiest timing for me to lose my license(if there even is a lucky time to lose stuff) because MJ & Jenner were off work today. Alabama state workers have Jefferson Davis' birthday off. Weird, but okay. So they came with me to the courthouse so that I could purchase a replacement license so that I could stop driving illegally. Thank baby jesus that they came because the lady said she needed somebody from the courthouse that could identify me. I was like, Bro I'm from Madison... I don't know anybody here. My cuz works for the state tho, does that count? & after some hubbub the lady finally gave me a temporary license. I think she gave me grief because I didn't have my birth certificate with me, but who carries that shit around?!?

When I was chauffeuring Jenner & MJ around, I got behind this really slow guy & Jenner was like, wow you are really patient. I'm not, but I thought that was really nice of her to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment