A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Monday, June 25

It's fine

"i'm not ready for a relationship right now"

Why does anybody even say this anymore? Who does it fool? I hope that everybody is on the same page here. That statement means that the other person does not want you. They are totally ready for a relationship, just not with you.

Here's what should have been said:

“I want to date someone who isn’t you.”
“Look, I just got out of a long-term relationship and I kind of need to slut it up for a while.”
“Work’s been hell lately and I think I could probably bang somebody way hotter.”
“Please leave me alone, you terribly clueless doting weirdo.”


He says: “I don’t know what I want.”
He means: I know exactly what I want and it’s not you. Or: I honestly don’t know what I want and have an extremely difficult time expressing and explaining my emotions to others. Or: I’m torn between you and another girl I possibly want more.

I mean, okay, that's totally fine if you don't want to be in a relationship with me. About 100% of the people I currently know, don't want to be in a relationship with me  & I still really really like around 75% of them. I don't need anyone to tell me what they think I want to hear.



I don't even know why this is affecting me.  But now I can't listen to Motion City without feeling queasy.

2 comments:

  1. I would be in a relationship with you. If I was a bro. But I'm not so I'll just be your friend :)

    ReplyDelete