A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Wednesday, June 6

don't stress that's dumb

I've been doing a lot of reading lately and not much else. I have a lot of WIPs that I need to finish & lots of shows that are on the DVR that I need to hurry up and watch & I really need to learn binary and hex before fall semester starts. You would think that I'd be eager to watch my shows, but I can't watch 99% of them while my grandparents are in the room because it makes me uncomfortable. Probably makes them uncomfortable, too.


But reading. I've actually been doing that. I just finished Mindy Kaling's book. It was okay. I finished Tina Fey's book the night before last. It was good. They both kind of had the same premise. If I had to pick one of these two to recommend, I'd pick Tina Fey's. She made a lot of good points about life, as she reflected on her own. I was trying to explain to Caleb how Tina Fey was saying that there's no such thing as comedy for men and comedy for women. It's all the same. The things that women laugh at and the things that men laugh at are the same. He didn't get it. He needs to just read Bossypants, then he'll be like OH I GET IT.
She made another point many times in the book, that I don't think applies to my earlier statements, but anyway she was saying how, a lot of times people will think something crazy, but because it makes sense to them, people will continue to think it's true. This reminded me a lot of the stuff that we discussed in Dr. G's. Like, because my generation and generations before me lived through 9/11, we will always be a little bit panicky about terrorists, but when you look at the math... we're more likely to die in a car accident or by godzilla or something. I mentioned electromagnetic pulse in his class one day & he was like, REALLY?!?! You believe in THAT?? Then he said something about all of us will probably accidentally drown in our own toilets before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment