A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, January 13

My Great Uncle D

This is my grandfather's sister's husband. He had surgery yesterday on his brain. Not just for fun. He had a fast growing tumor that needed to be removed very quickly. My grandparents went to Bham yesterday to sit with uncle D's wife, N, while he had surgery. The surgery went okay, I think. The doctors think that they removed all of the tumor, but with it being in the brain, there's a lot that's involved. Uncle D had a seizure right after surgery which is not uncommon when dealing with the brain, but it's not good. There's a lot of chemo and radiation to follow.
I'm upset and everything, but I feel like I should be more upset. I'm not sure if it's because of my actual feelings or if it's because I'm living with my overly-emotional grandmother. I know from being around her about 5 days a week for the past year that she is a very emotional person. So in this situation, of course she's super emotional. I know that she's spent more years with him than I have. It makes sense that she is emotional. I'm unsure if she's being appropriately emotional & I'm being under-emotional.
I guess we all deal with things in our own way.

We drew names for Christmas next year for Tootsie's house and everybody is supposed to make something handmade. The idea is that you have a whole year so even if you are not creative, you have plenty of time to make something good. The name I drew was uncle D.
I want to make him this brain hat.

But I don't know if he'll find it funny or mean. Hopefully funny. 
I'm not even considering the option that he won't be here to receive my gift, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment