A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, January 13

In other cancer news...

Before he went to sit with my aunt N, My Papaw went to his cancer doctor to get the last round of biopsies explained. I overheard all of this from my Grandmother talking to somebody on the phone this morning about it. She would have told me, but when they got home yesterday I was falling asleep in Papaw's chair so I went on to bed. Anyway, Papaw had the test done a few weeks ago to see if things were still okay with his esophagus. The dr. said everything looks really nice in there. No new stuff. He'll have to go back & get another test done in 3 weeks. My grandmother said this, "The doctor said checking again in 3 months was probably overly thorough, but he told us he was just treating him like he would his father or favorite uncle."  Which is really sweet. My grandfather really is the best person. My cousin calls him adorable all the time, which I think is weird but it's probably pretty accurate.

Also, I finished The Fault in Our Stars. It was so very good. I meant to put it down & read it for a few nights, but I couldn't. I just read it straight through. I ugly cried through the whole thing. It was so good though. My favorite of John Green's.

No comments:

Post a Comment