A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Sunday, January 1

I'm a big girl now

Literally & figuratively.
'Figuratively' because yesterday was the first time I had been back to the theater since I quit. I had really planned on never going back, but J had already agreed to see New Year's Eve with me on actual new year's eve & that theater was the only theater that was playing a matinee showing. Of course the manager that I made out with for two months &then broke it off with was there & of course the plan for MS to pay for my ticket (so I could just walk around & wait for them behind the concession stand) didn't work out because we didn't talk about it beforehand & we all got confused. So if course I sucked it up & made niceities with the manager I've disliked for the past 2 years. In all seriousness, it wasn't that bad. We were both civil, which was a surprise because I expected him to act like a dick. And now I feel kinda bad about turning the corner behind the concession stand and making a throw up sound, because I know he heard.

'Literally' because I am extremely overweight. I'm actually going to do something about that this year... yay new year's resolutions.

So I stayed home for new year's this year & I can't tell if it's because I'm lame or my friends are. It's fine either way because I had a good time. My brother is at the age where I don't mind hanging out with him.

“Resolution number one: obviously, will lose twenty pounds. Number two: will find nice sensible boyfriend and not continue to form romantic attachments to alcoholics, workaholics, peeping-toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits or perverts.”—Bridget Jones

I was going to watch Bridget Jones' Diary yesterday to bring in the new year, cause you know that's how it starts with her new year's resolutions to lose weight & quit smoking & drinking. All I did was discover that my freaking dvd player is broken. Happy new year to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment