A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, May 15

Humphrey

Yesterday, my professor of the summer class I'm taking told me I'm awesome. It's not a huge deal because he says everything's awesome (kind of just like I do), but it is, because another guy in class kept saying that sometimes when I speak it's like I have this layer of contempt that comes out. So it proves that I can be awesome and also full of secret contempt at the same time. Livin' & lovin' that oxymoron lifestyle.

So last night I slept from 6p to 7am which was so not what I meant to do. I meant to only take a 2 hour nap. It really freaks me out that my body was so out of my control that I slept right through what I meant to do. It's crazy.

I found out recently that I really don't know when words need a hyphen.

A reoccurring theme in my GD classes is figuring out how things work and how to make them better. It's kind of annoying now because I'm constantly redesigning everything. Like who the H thought that it was a good idea to put the fan on the part of the laptop where the lap goes?! Why isn't the part that gets hot in a part of the thing that gets adequate air flow? Seems so simple, yet...

I can't tell you how glad that tomorrow is Friday. I absolutely adore my summer class. I really do. It's just that it's summer. I don't know how to do graphic design work without staying up all night because I got into that habit last semester. I don't know how to climb out of the rabbit hole. As much as I'm shocked that I slept for 13 hours, it's not really that surprising. I mean, I never sleep so sometimes I Rip-Van-Winkle. Weekends are a nice little reprieve though.


No comments:

Post a Comment