A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Sunday, May 3

Day 4 in CO: "Saving children but not the British children"

Friday, 5/1/2015


This day was pretty leisurely. We did a lot of things, but at a casual pace. I forgot to take pictures of a lot of things.
I woke up with the snottiest of noses. I had to use about a million tissues through out the day. I was lovely to be around, I'm sure.
KG and I played with craft supplies while the boys went to Boulder. I discovered I am severely lacking in the paper punches department.
We then went to the Denver Art Museum. As everybody already knows, I love art. So of course I loved the art museum. We spent pretty much all day in the museum. The place was huge. I learned a lot about the West (Capital W). Each floor had tons of different things, but the cowboys and Indians and Native Americans really stand out in my mind. Also, the portraits. I'll have to go back to Colorado to go to the modern/contemporary art museums.
We met back up with the boys and some "friends" of theirs at Big Daddy's Burger Bar ("Aka pesto is what belongs on a burger bar" - KG). I got some great ideas for future meals from that place so I'm glad we went. I will def be putting pesto on some burgers. Also, why does pineapple and barbecue sauce taste so good together?
After that, we finally went to get some ice cream! Homemade ice cream is the best. No hyperbole. The best. Parking in Denver is very hectic.
We went back to the apartment and watched funny videos. It was good.

I love this kind of art. It's weird and it pleases me.

View of the Capitol building (the one with the gold top) from the DAM.


What made the DAM especially cool was the little studios they set up for the public. They had this one that allowed you to make your own postcards. KG and I had a great time with it. I sent postcards to everyone that I could remember the address of. This "I've never herd of buffalo" was an example of what kind of postcard you could make and it was just too perfect. There were about 12  or so stamps to choose from and then you could color them or add additions with colored pencils. I tend to like stamps on their own so I mostly just left them b&w. It was so fun though!

I think this was a postcard that someone put up on the wall of examples. I like its vaguely creepy overtones.


My new favorite thing is looking at artist's signatures and Norman Rockwell has a good one. One of my favorite pieces from the whole museum was this one of a heavenly toaster. I loved it very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment