A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Sunday, May 3

Colorado Food

4/28/15 (Disclaimer: this is from ATL) Airport bagel. I woke up at 1am on the 28th and by 7am I was really hungry and knew that I couldn't wait it out until I got to Denver. I had to get some sustenance. So I picked the place with the coolest logo and bagels. Also, I purchased a subpar hot chocolate.

4/28/15 Biker Jim's! Pictured are my lovely Colorado companions for the week. None were aware of this picture. I got the wild boar dog(with apricot and cranberries) with The International(Wasabi aioli, caramelized apples and shaved lrich cddda) topping. This food & the atmosphere was really the best and really set the bar high for Colorado food.

4/28/15 This soda was available at Biker Jim's and Yellowbelly, which is exactly what I want for every restaurant. Cool sodas that taste flavor-y and handcrafted. 

4/28/15 The chicken from Yellowbelly was delish. There was this vinegar-y salsa water that went with and it was also delicious. I hoped for more from the macaroni pie, but it was still enjoyable.

4/29/15 On the morning of April 29th, KG graciously bought me a chicken taco biscuit from Taco Bell for breakfast, but I completely forgot to photograph it, even though as I was taking a shower I was deciding whether or not I would take pictures of food that also is available in Alabama & I decided that I would take a picture of all Colorado food. I just forgot.
It looked a lot like this: 
But more sloppy and misshapen.

4/29/15 I bought these in a gas station in order to be allowed to use the bathroom. No regrets. 

4/29/15 Suppertime interlude. I really think that presentation is everything and so I usually want to take a photo when food first reaches me, but again, I forgot. So now we have this massacre. It was good though. The restaurant had weird vibes, but it had a salsa bar that housed some brilliant salsa and a shit ton of cilantro that you could put on all your food like I did here. I also had no problem with the shrimp quesadilla, despite some hesitation from others in the group.


4/30/15 Blueberry mini bagels with cream cheese that I bought at King Sooper's. I'd really like to know the backstory behind this King Sooper because he spells his name funny and he is friends enough with Kroger to sell their products. Does King Sooper reign over Kroger? Probably.

 4/30/15 Things for the movie plus cough drops because I'm sickly. Not pictured: Orange chicken and noodle bowl from Panda Express.


 5/1/15 KG made pancakes! And fried eggs! And I had my own blueberry cream cheese bagels again. Those eggs were super local. I thought they tasted way better than eggland's best. Also featured is Watermelon Lime tea.

 5/1/15 This beautiful burger was from Big Daddy's Burger Bar and it was called Sam I Am. There was ham and pesto and a fried egg involved. Such a great combination. On the right are some bbq chicken nachos that featured a corn salsa and fresh pineapple. Yum.


 5/1/15 At Sweet Action ice cream, I went all out. Hey it was my vacation. I got a double scoop cup of cherry basil and butter pecan. They both tasted great, although I kinda wish I would've tried the ginger lemon cookie ice cream instead of the cherry basil. I also got a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream sandwich. As I was eating this ice cream cookie sandwich in the car, C said it smelled like a butterfinger.


 5/2/15 On my last morning in CO, KG made me a super delicious Eggs with the bread with the hole in the middle, or as they called it "Egg in the basket." I forgot to take a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment