A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Wednesday, November 12

whoa I'm so good at words


Every time I see this, I keep thinking it says "let's make out." Not to brag (except yes I am), but I met them and two of the band members liked our (Smells and my) picture on instagram. So I've pretty much made it. #Annabelle #isFamous

I could eat thai food everyday. I've made this decision this evening. All the ingredients I love are in there. Basil. Ginger. Rice noodles. Plus other stuff.

In AH today, Dr. J discussed (I don't say 'we' because almost no one talks unless Dr. J refuses to talk) ownership and Duchamp and what we think the most important piece of artwork is. "Come on, the apocalypse is happening, decide which piece are you going to save and put on your spaceship." I chose "anything from Van Gogh" and now I'm not so sure. Those on the spot decisions really bother me. I want to be able to ponder. I want to make a researched decision. I probably would still pick Van Gogh, but maybe not?

I really like Duchamp. Everything that I learned about him today felt like the reasons why I love art so much. I like the weird kind. Academic art is great and I have tons of respect for those artists. I just like the weird stuff better.

No comments:

Post a Comment