A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, November 7

Hufflepuff

I was just reading this Mental floss article and this part is something I wish I could do:
"[...] the best way to initiate conversation would be by declaring something impersonal, interesting, and educated. Greet a new person, shake hands, and declare, "I am fond of potatoes, which the French call 'apples of the earth'." See where that takes you."

 I had portfolio review today and I've talked excessively about it for the past 2 weeks so I'm not going to say anymore except to mention this funny thing G said. So I had invited all of the co-workers that I ran into this morning to come to the open viewing and my fav married co-worker friend AH was down there so I invited him. So I had a bunch of co-workers and my grandmother there to see my work and also to give me a little pep talk before the professors came in. Fast forward to this evening when I got home. G mentions the people I invited and she asks who all the men were. I told her which guy AH was and I was like, I adore him so I'm glad he came. And she was like,"Is he married? Because he was cute. I liked him a lot and I think we could marry him off!" The grandmother stamp of approval is pretty high praise.

When I opened up my laptop this evening, I noticed all of my default fonts are weird. I have no idea what happened or if I changed it in my sleep or something. Or maybe the latest windows update changed it? Or maybe I'm seeing a change where there isn't one? I don't know. It's real weird though.

No comments:

Post a Comment