A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, September 12

me again

I'm hoping that I'm going through a phase. I'm hoping that I am not actually a person who constantly says embarrassing things to people that I want to impress. I know that these hopes are for naught, because this blog is a written record that, yes, I am a cringe worthy person.
Handsome guy coworker passed through the office today and he said something and then I said something real dumb about how he should go get some cake and I should've said something witty and flattering instead, but my brain definitely isn't quick on it's feet.


I think I have perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's a good rule of thumb, if you want perfectly circle cookies then don't use a medium sized scoop that you stole(kind of) from taco bell to put 12 cookies on one pan. Only put 6. They still taste great if squished, but they're not very presentable and presentation is everything sometimes.


On to other things, today in the caf I had an experience that was uncomfortable. Usually I'm quite brazen in any given situation, but today I felt like people were eyeballing me in an unkind way and like whisper laughing, you know that thing where someone follows you with their eyes while they're talking and laughing to someone else. Not everything is about me, but it really made me feel that kind of fat person self conscious, the way Rae is in MMFD. That whole college caf situation is anxiety central for me. I do not like going in there, but the hummus and pita chips are really good. Plus another terrible thing, the shirt I wore today fit me badly and I felt out of place in it. Note to self: get rid of that white and tan stripey shirt. It sucks.

Hey here's a flaw that I've developed over time that really makes me terrible: I will have something that I NEED to do and then I'll just think, "Yeah, I'm not doing that."And there is nothing that I have thought of that can make me muster up the unf to do the thing. It's very problematic while trying to finish college.

My  newest vice is peppermints. I have been stealing mints from my coworker and I feel bad so I bought these for myself with some gum in case I'm feeling funky. I keep meaning to bring it to work, but I am so discombobulated in the mornings so I forget. Also, I made this bowl! With my hands!

Ugh that reminds me of portfolio review which is in 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment