A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Wednesday, March 4

Good intentions

Hey Monday was so great! I actually felt liked and accepted by my peers! I didn't feel like the art dept was so cut throat and vicious! 

Barrow, It's Better Not To Look, 2015
This is a painting I did for Dr. J's class in response to the movie Repo Man, which is an excellent movie by the way. It's the scene near the end when the obnoxious punk gets vaporized. I painted the skeleton with florescent paint and the background with glow in the dark paint so that the whole thing would glow under blacklight. The streaky bits look kinda shitty, but I actually did that on purpose because in the movie the car looks very much like it was painted with glow in the dark paint. When I was watching the movie I knew I could recreate that. I'm going to have to go back in and add more glow in the dark paint though. The unevenness really bothers me. 

I used to hear my classmates talk about artwork that they do just for fun outside of class and I would think, oh shit maybe I'm kidding myself and I'll never be an artist because I didn't have any outside of class pieces. This semester though (and a little bit last semester from Dr. J's class) [Note to self: make a post about AH projects.], I've made a few things that I absolutely loved and would totally have made just for fun outside of class. That Repo Man painting is included in the fun stuff I would actually do in my free time category. It's not Louvre quality, but I love it. It's okay to be shitty at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment