A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Wednesday, April 30

12. Describe a typical day in your current life.

This post could also be titled, "I stayed up until 5am watching youtube videos again."
I wish this were an isolated incident, but I can't truthfully say that it is. For some reason when I get on a playlist of videos that I like and want to watch I can't tear myself away and I can't force myself to sleep. I guess I'm being dramatic. I could actually make myself stop. I just don't.
So this is probably a very typical day.
I always check my phone first thing in the morning. First thing I do when I open my eyes. Sometimes I think I check it in my sleep because the other day I could have sworn that I responded to a tweet one morning and then when I tried to find it later in the day to make sure of no spelling errors, I couldn't find the blasted tweet anywhere. I have to think my brain made it up.
Okay so then I scramble up a clean outfit to wear when I get out of the shower and I take that set into the bathroom with me because I do not walk around naked in my grandparents' house even if the bathroom is three steps from my room. Shower commences. I find that taking a shower in the morning balances my life and brings me peace throughout the onslaught of the day. I fear I will never be a nighttime shower-er.
Next I brush teeth, slather deodorant, don shoes, grab keys, say goodbye, exit house, enter vehicle.
After I've sufficiently piloted my car for approx. 23-26 minutes depending on traffic, I locate and obtain a parking spot labeled silver and I take an elevator ride to the second story of campus where my office building is and I sit. Depending on the needs for the day, sometimes I sit in different parts of the building. Invariably, someone will ask me if I'm taking a summer class. I don't know the right answer to this question because either way I answer, I get the same response, "Oh, cool" which makes me think that it sucks that the only thing people can think to talk to me about is summer classes and damn that's boring. I must be really vile and terrible and boring. Anyway, sometimes when I'm at work I have to stand. That's very rare. I worry about deep vein thrombosis occasionally. Not enough, but some.
Then when the day is done, I return to la casa and I sometimes have to whip up dinner and sometimes not. Sometimes there's a show that's been recorded that needs watching and sometimes not. At some point every night, I retreat to the solace of my bedroom and I watch videos. Sometimes youtube, sometimes not.
Then sometimes I sleep.

That would be an extraordinarily typical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment