A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Saturday, May 9

and other stuff

5 things I loved this week:

  1.  This sunrise companion app that I downloaded has an alarm feature that  I've been using where it sets an alarm for an hour before the sun rises. I like it because I found myself floundering (more than normal) without a routine and I really felt guilty about waking up around 4pm and going to bed at 9am-ish. I've noticed that I rebel against waking up at the exact same time everyday because I pretty much think time is meaningless anyway so that kind of routine doesn't work for me very well. I like that the sunrise changes by just a little everyday. I have a window directly to the right of my bed and I'm on the second story of the house so when the alarm goes off I like to see what the sky is doing. I usually lay there for like 30 minutes, opening and closing my eyes to notice the shifts out the window. If some interesting color is happening, I've been physically getting out of bed to drive to the bypass to get a wider view of the sunrise. It's made me feel like a human again. (Instead of feeling like a swamp creature.)

  2.  I listened to Abbi Jacobson's I Might Regret This and it was like I was hearing my own thoughts being read to me. I especially related to the chapter on Adult Concerns, which is conveniently in the google books review. I feel like that gives me permission to share here.


  3.  Meg Lewis's comedy meditation podcast - Sit There and Do Nothing

  4.  I am the biggest sucker for wildflowers. There's something about the beautiful chaos of them. These from a day when I went to watch the sunrise.

  5. Sunday Best by Surfaces - My favorite part of the song is "Every day can be a better day despite the challenge/All you gotta do is leave it better than you found it."




*Honorable mention: Lost in the Supermarket - I really like grocery shopping and it's really heartbreaking to me what's happened and the negativity surrounding grocery stores right now. This is an honorable mention because I think the host is unnecessary. It would be a great show if it was just a person silently walking around a grocery store picking up random things, but I still really like watching what they've done and seeing what's inside grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment