A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Saturday, April 11

my babies!!!!!!1!!!!!

Okay so when I started loving Walk the Moon, they had already reached a certain level of fame because they had been picked up by Sirius/XM radio station, Alt Nation. Of course, alt nation boasts it's new music radar and I'm pretty sure Walk the Moon was picked up on the radar with "Anna Sun." But still satellite radio denotes a certain level of fame.
At that point, I'm telling people how great WTM is and they have no idea what in the world that is. So they hadn't hit top 40 fame. But they were Vevo on youtube famous.
The first concert that I attended was so cute and good and happy and we showed up late and were still on the fourth or fifth row of people. The concert was abundant with teenage waif-type hipster girls.
At the latest concert I went to, I was kind of astonished at the variety of folks in the crowd. Lots of factors go into who is at a concert, but I felt like this meant something.
A couple of days ago, I was staying late in the GD lab and a class mate, who most of the time hums recognizable tunes, suddenly starts with a hmmm-mm humhum mmwith meee. And my head shot up. "Are you humming Walk the Moon?" "Um... no, I don't think so." "Are you humming 'Shut Up And Dance'?" "Yes!" "That's Walk The Moon! They're my favorite band!" "Oh yeah, I like them, too!"
I mean, what are the chances of that? That she would hum my favorite band in the presence of me! Probably pretty high because they are becoming way more well known.
Today, my phone started ringing in class (ringtone is "Shut up and dance" of course) and people started singing along! That means fame! Top 40 fame!
In the new Vlogbrothers' video, Hank uses part of SUAD in a weird part of the video! That is another different kind of fame! It's cool!
Edit: Okay youtube made Hank take out that part of the video, but I promise it was in there and it was great.

I passed a car today that was blasting Shut Up and Dance and I cheered.
My friend posted a snapchat story that involved him listening to Shut Up and Dance in his car and I had to send him a snap and tell him that they're my favorite.

I want everybody to love Walk the Moon just as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment