A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Thursday, April 30

Day 1 in CO: "How, in the name of Zeus's butthole, did you get out of your cell?"

Tuesday, 4/28/2015


I did it! I went through ATL airport by myself. If you remember from a previous post, Rosh was supposed to accompany me, but she bailed. Because med students are just the worst. Anyway, to begin the day, I woke up to Smells smacking me because my alarm was going off. 1am. I took a shower and then we began our trek to ATL. The drive to Atlanta is almost familiar to me now because we had just gone there on Saturday to see Walk the Moon. Its familiarity does not remove its suckyness. The traffic was minimal. The only frustration was finding the frontier departures sign. Thank baby jesus that I met up with KG's mom the day before and she told me about that. It's funny what people remember about the experience they have at the airport. I had asked most people I came in contact with about airport tips and there were a lot of overlap, but each person had at least one unique thing to say. It's very interesting what people find worth mentioning. So back to the frontier departures sign, Smells stopped by person that was in uniform and I hopped out and asked the grumpy airport worker where the illusive sign was. I made it to the frontier desk and talked to this nice, but uncompromising lady with glitter green eye shadow. She asked me if I was checking a bag and I said yes and placed it on the metal thing. She put a sticker on my luggage and then whisked it away. Then I went through security. I didn't have to take my shoes off and I didn't have to take my laptop out, but I did accidentally leave my cell phone in my pocket and held up the line. Despite my blunder, people were super nice. At this point I'm confused about my liquids. I didn't even have to do anything with my liquids... Later, KG tells me that they care significantly less about checked luggage than they do about carry-ons. I could've packed so much more liquid. I went to my gate and I was there crazy early. I watched the sunrise. I bought and ate a delicious bagel. I'll be posting about my food from this trip in one big post at the end so you'll hear about the bagel again. 

OOTD: Airport Bathroom Edition
I wore this outfit to the airport because there's no belt involved and there's slip on shoes. I also didn't want to look like a slob. I was told that airplanes would be chilly so I wore a jacket. That was not the case with the airplane I was on. I was too warm the whole time. 

Stereotypical window of airplane shot. I loved take off. It was absolutely the best part. The actual flying part was boring. I was also extremely sleepy, having woken up at 1am so I drifted in and out of sleep most of the flight. I remember waking up when the food cart came by and a stewardess asked if I wanted to purchase a beverage or food. (I didn't.) Then I woke up to the fasten seat belt ding because there was a teensy bit of turbulence. I fastened my seat belt back up (I had it unbuckled because it was way more comfortable to sleep.) and I resumed my nap. Next thing I remember is one of the flight attendant saying that we would land soon, but they were very preemptive because it was like 30 minutes later before we landed. One thing I wish people told me was where the seat numbers were located on the plane because I looked like a right idiot when I couldn't figure out where my seat was. I should've just stopped and asked the flight attendant from the beginning, but nobody else was so I thought it would be obvious. I walked way too far into the plane and I had to turn around and ask the lady behind me. She was a little judgy of my ignorance. I then had to hold up the line so that I could get to my seat at the front of the plane. The people I sat next to were Hispanic and we interacted only twice. Once when they had to get up and let me into my seat and again when I was sitting on the lady's seat belt. The seats were more than I expected. I was uncomfortable, sure. It just wasn't as bad as everybody made them seem.

This is the picture I posted on facebook to tell our family that I found KG. Aren't we just sooo cute?


One of my friends from college messaged me right before we were about to eat and asked me what my grade for GD history was. I didn't even know grades were out yet, but I checked anyway. I keep waiting for the grades to change or I'll get an email saying "JK, we pressed the wrong key. you actually got all B's!" Which would be fine. But I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw all those A's. I really did not deserve 3/4 of them. But hey, that's the beauty of JSU. I need to call my grandmother and tell her.

We didn't go to this museum, but I really like the boldness of this billboard. "THE ART WORLD WAS HIS ENEMY"

I have discovered very quickly that Colorado sucks all the moisture from your body. A stop at target for chapstick and water was necessary. The targets in Colorado look just like targets in Alabama. 

We also played trivia & it was super fun. We had a great lead for a while except the sports round totally obliterated us. Every good trivia team needs a sports guy. Now I must watch all the Nick Cage movies. I didn't take any pictures because my phone was very dead and I had forgotten the magical charger that Keith let me borrow. Now that I'm thinking about it though, I should've asked KG to let me use her phone to take some... I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment