A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Wednesday, March 7

Well nothing's perfect

I don't know.
So this Kony 2012 video has gone viral. So many strong emotions. I have also read an article from John Green, who/m I respect very much, about how Invisible Children, inc. may not be the greatest charity ever.
I think it's important in ANY situation to have all of the information so that you can make a decision based on what matters to you.
The media is really important in today's society. That sucks, but it's hard to deny that is the case. The movie really expressed that point, but at the same time, it made me feel like I wasn't intelligent enough to know about this situation and it kind of played on that feeling.
I totally see where John Green is coming from. He wanted to make it known that has believed for a very long time that the LRA is horrible.
I don't necessarily agree with the plan of the Invisible Children, inc., but I also don't have a better plan. I think that Joseph Kony should be stopped & that's all I know. I hope that if others don't agree with the IC inc. plan, maybe a person will step forward and have a better solution. The problem before was that not enough people even knew what was happening. With all of today's technology, the world is so much smaller and it's amazing to think that people don't even know who Kony is. What I'm hoping is that since more people are finding out about this situation, someone who didn't know before might have a better solution to the problem. I mean, I was definitely ignorant about this. I wasn't even born in the 80s when Kony started, I didn't/still don't pay attention to the news, and I probably would never have heard of Kony unless somebody told me about it. The people that told me about it just so happen to be IC, inc.
"Taking Kony 2012 Down A Notch"
Another interesting article about Uganda
strombo.com speaks about kony2012


I haven't had time to read this one, but it looks interesting
Also didn't have time to read this one
To read



Alan Hanson speaks truth
  I totally agree with this:
"Just use critical thinking. Look at every angle. I wouldn’t buy a KONY 2012 OBEY KIT or whatever. But I sure as fuck am not gonna look down my nose at you for calling your senator or posting a KONY 2012 image on your blog or livejournal or locker."



I don't know.



In other news, Charles Trippy has a funny haircut now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment