A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, May 16

Late again

This morning I jolted up at 8:15am and I was supposed to be at work at 8am.

This is problematic for a number of reasons, number one being that it takes me 30 minutes to drive to work. Even if I rolled out of bed and walked to the car in all of my greasy, bed-headed glory, that's still 45 minutes late. I have absolutely no idea how I slept through 2 alarms. I woke up at 6:45am just fine yesterday and the day before. What's crazy is even before I looked at my clock, I knew that I was late. That's why I used jolted at the beginning of this paragraph.
Now I have this tail between my legs feeling that will last for at least another 5 hours. It usually doesn't matter how "late" I am because most of the time I make my own schedule, but some days I have a responsibility and I have to be on time. It's shitty of me, but I'm late so often. I always have people to apologize to for tardiness. If you can count on me for anything, it's that I'll be late. I don't think I'm accumulating strikes, but what if I am? I'm on the last straw, surely.
What really annoys me, and it shouldn't annoy me, is that my grandmother didn't come wake me at 7:45am. It's not her responsibility. BUT she has this remarkable ability to pick days to wake me when I don't actually have to be there early and then she gets upset at me because I haven't told her I'm sleeping in. The days where it could be useful to me, she lets me sleep undisturbed. I know she could hear my alarm clocks. Does she think I play them for fun? I shouldn't be irritated.

It's far fetched, but here's why I think I overslept: Because I wished for $3000 dollars right before I drifted off to sleep. The powers of the universe heard that and were like, "Haha fuck you."

No comments:

Post a Comment