A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Thursday, October 17

Inarticulate

Lately, I've had the worst kind of word forgetfulness. This post may not even be legible when I'm through. I'm in 3 studio classes at the moment and there are so many critiques. I mean the actual thing critique not the verb. When I first changed my major to art, the thought of having everyone judge my artwork was mortifying. It's still pretty terrible, but I've grown used to it. It's now about trying to sound impressive when you're explaining the crap you had to stay up all night to finish. Words are the worst.

Today I answered the phone at work and the person was like, "Heyyyy whatch you been doing?" and I responded with pure silence. I absolutely could not think of the answer to what they were trying to ask me. I also had no idea who it was. I thought it was a wrong number and I was like I am not capable of dealing with a wrong number right now. It wasn't a wrong number, it was this guy that works in our department and the weird thing is I totally thought he sounded like an older black lady.

In other news, I'm going to try this alarm clock app I just downloaded to wake me up tomorrow. It has puzzles. Maybe it'll work! I'm kind of excited, but I know that will change when I open my eyes tomorrow. The first thing that I recall thinking in the morning times is 'I so don't want to be awake right now.' I go to bed set on the fact that I'm going to wake up and get out of bed right when my alarm clock goes off and then I turn into a grumples in the morning that completely will not get out of bed. Night time version of me is definitely not the same as morning version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment