A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Sunday, April 28

International

As a self-proclaimed anglophile, (I haven't been like, diagnosed or anything), I keep coming across this thing that happens to me. I don't know if it's just my personality or if it's something that Americans who consume massive amounts of culture from across the pond do or what. I don't do this when I watch "The Jersey Shore." Okay that's a terrible example because I've never watched the Jersey Shore. It didn't happen to me when I watched Fargo. But when I watch something where a person has an accent from the UK, my thoughts become like their accent. I wouldn't dare let a peep of it come out of my mouth though. I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon. Although, having a Southern accent, I totally don't mind people trying to do a southern accent at me. So I don't know, maybe it's just the social connotation that's weird.
Here are some people who have accents very different from my own and I thoroughly enjoy watching them:
Hi, it's me, Jimmy. How are ya?
Liam Dryden
Caspar Lee
Thomas Rees - Kaye
Jack Harries & sometimes Finn
Alfie
Louise

1 comment:

  1. Win two nail polishes of your choice in my international giveaway :-)

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/2013/05/angelica-nail-polish-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete