A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Friday, August 17

Nostalgia


I was going through my pictures the other day when I came across this one.

I love that it looks like someone snapped a candid of us, when really, I'm pretty sure I said to him, hey come take a picture with me and then I made somebody take the picture. I remember being so surprised that he sat down so close.
Something I've never told anyone:  My star tattoo reminds me of him. That's kind of why I got it. I remember first seeing his tattoos and thinking, dang this is the coolest person I will ever meet. My tattoo is like a reminder to meet someone else greater than or equal to as cool and to try really hard to marry them. Not really, but sort of.
He always had excellent tastes in movies, books, and especially music. I cannot listen to Glycerine or Oleander without thinking of him. And he always dressed so fly. Plus he was always incredibly nice to me, even though he could have totally been one of those guys that didn't give anyone except hotties the time of day. I definitely thought I was in love with him, but I was in love with a lot of dudes when I was in high school so there's probably no merit to that.
This is starting to sound like he died, but no. He's (hopefully)happily married and there is no doubt in my mind that I will never see him again. It makes me kind of sad, but that's just how it should be. I think if I saw him again, it would mess up my thought movies(Nerdist reference!).
It's a nice picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment