A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Monday, August 6

necessary

I hate that word because I'm always unsure of how to spell it.

Here's a thing that scared the shit out of me & now I'm taking down all the photos
Okay maybe not all the photos. It talks about shutting down pinterest boards, too... I don't know if I can handle that though. I think I will just wait that one out. It really pisses me off that people actually give a shit about copyrights, but that doesn't mean that I'm right about being pissed off. I've never liked having to put references on school papers, either. I do understand that photographers want to get paid for their photos. It just seems so douche baggy.

I think it's funny (weird, not 'haha') that even if a picture is of YOU, the picture belongs strictly to the photographer & is only to be used by the photographer, in anyway they see fit. You have to, like, ask permission to use a picture of your own self, taken by somebody else. It's absolutely creepy (& that's why paparazzi's aren't illegal!!!), but that's how I understand it works.

Okay another thing, when an image gets so famous, people are going to recognize the image, not the author. That is just how it works. Someone created every single image ever. It's impossible to remember the creator of every single image.

No comments:

Post a Comment