A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Wednesday, July 13

"All rights reserved. Lefts, too."

I'm smack in the middle of the JSU library's copy of Aaron Draplin's book Pretty Much Everything & I'm eating it up. It's a big, dense book, full of tiny type. I've borrowed it for about a month now. It's taken me so long because I know that when I aim to flip though only a few pages, time stops & I get sucked in for an hour, or 3. (I'm not disciplined in the slightest. Sometimes I feel guilty about it, like when I mess up other people's lives, but mostly I just wallow in my chaos and disorder.) Draplin's definitely in my list of all time favorites. His humor blows me away, page after page. And I'm hoping that by reading his book, some of his strict self control & wisdom will rub off on me. I'm saving my pennies now to snag a copy of my own to cherish forever. Until then, the library is my best friend.


Best thing today: Even when I'm being a total piece of shit, people are nice to me. I don't deserve it, but I notice their kindness and I'm thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment