A blog cultivated by Annabelle Barrow & she's kind of embarrassed about it, but not enough to stop posting and delete the thing.

Tuesday, December 29

xmas time was here

"Don't have a crush on someone who isn't single."
Wise words from my most recently married friend.

Been watching a lot of the American version of Shameless over the break because I signed up for a Showtime free trial on my amazon prime. I got to season 3, episode 9 before my 7 day trial ran out.
This playlist is almost as good as watching an episode: Lip's Truth or Dare  Because Lip is the greatest.

Since I've been home for a week, I've taken this time to look through my old crap to see if it's worth keeping. I am trying to get rid of all of these extra things that I have for no reason, but I truly am a sentimental person. It's a struggle. My favorite thing I've looked at so far is this composition book I kept in 2007 that just has all these random lists and events that happened. I really liked that record keeping aspect. I felt less connected to the dramatic emotional entries and also all these notes I have from other people. There is something really nice about keeping a record of your life events for lookbacks. On keeping a log book - Austin Kleon. I have a hard time remembering things. And I think it might be because everything that happens to me is mundane.
I constantly remind myself not to compare, but I've had some moments of weakness lately because this guy that I'm always on-again-off-again (currently off, I think. Haven't talked in 7 days.) is 4 years older than me and had apparently lived this crazy life unbeknownst to me. He tells me these grand tales and I have absolutely nothing to tell about that is even half as crazy as his. All the stories I muster up sound so pitiful even as they're coming out of my mouth. And my problem is not even about me not living a crazy life, because I don't have a real desire to. I just wish I was a better story teller. I guess that's what it boils down to.
I admire storytellers.


For future reference:
Here's what I got for Christmas 2015...
+All these books!
+Brother laser printer
+high yield toner cartridge
+my phone! (I dropped it on Nov 21st and I spent way too much money to get it fixed for myself for Christmas)
+Cadbury chocolate balls
+flat waterbottle
+3 pairs of Vans(grey with turquoise, all you need is love, skulls)
+jeans and lacy shirt from old navy
+Ticket to Ride(this is a shared gift with the fam)
+some other cool stuff that I can't remember so I might edit this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment